|A.C. Stotler and Mary Maxwell Stotler, 1945 (photogrpahs courtesy of Sue Dalton)|
After completing his tour in the Navy during World War II, A.C. Stotler graduated from the University in 1944 with a BS in Business Administration.
|During WWII, A.C. Stotler served aboard the USS Yakutat in the US Navy. The Yakutat saw action in a number of battles of the Pacific, including Okinawa, and received four battle stars for her WWII service. (1944)|
|This photograph shows a bird's-eye view of "Blue Campus," emergency housing units that were established to accommodate increasing enrollment figures resulting from the GI Bill following WWII. (1947 Savitar)|
|The emergency housing units erected for student veterans and their families following WWII consisted of trailer homes and hurriedly built structures. Larger barracks-style housing was also constructed for single veterans. (1947 Savitar)|
|A.C. Stotler in the newly opened Memorial Union with Miss Alta L. Hummel, the Director of Food Service. (October 1952 Missouri Alumnus)|
|Stotler's responsibilities as the Director of the Student Unions increased with the completion of the South Wing of Memorial Union and the Student Commons in 1963. The Student Commons was later renamed Brady Commons and was located where the new Student Center sits today. (October 1963 Missouri Alumnus)|
In 1989, following his death, Stotler and his wife demonstrated their eternal dedication to the University through a bequest of $100,000, which made possible the Intercollegiate Athletics Hall of Fame now located in the Mizzou Arena.
Authored by Sarah Horne, PhD Student in Art History and Archaeology